Balancing The Motherhood And Your Child's Future

We all know that as a mother we never have breaks or should I say, we can not resign to the position that we have. As a mother we are all on call whenever our family needs us especially our kids.

I am a mother to Arnie Jet although I am also a mother to my niece and nephew. They grew up with my side and I also consider them as my kids upon they parents abandon them. I became responsible to all their needs.

Basically, as part of Tita-Mommy task and a full time mom to my kid. I have a lots of dilemma when it comes of thinking about their future. Of course one of which is their education. Though, I haven't stress out myself thinking what to do in the future. I never thought that I should start giving it a serious thoughts.


When I got the invites from Sun Life Philippines entitled "MOMS DAY OUT EVENT",  an event about self-care and money management, plus a stress-free day treat for Moms in Onsen Spa at I'm Hotel in Makati. I give it a go and I told my self that I need to attend this event.

It was a day of learning and stress-free experience for me. I was given a chance to understand the reality of motherhood while learning how to manage our family budget.


I learn a lot from one of the speaker, Ms. Michele Alignay about having a balanced motherhood. The additional 10 minutes more for myself is truly worth it and the "I deserved it!" is sometimes needed, not only me but also for all the mom's out there. 


Also, I've learned valuable lessons about how to take care of myself while prioritizing my kids' future. Ms. Mylene Segismundo tell us about How to Build an Educational Fund. It is basically investing for the future of our kids which aims to deal the high cost of college education in the country.

With that, I started to realized that what will happen next if a mom like me is not prepared for this. Luckily Sun Life makes us understand what we really needs and they are here to help.

There is also a short video and I'm sharing it here, check out below and let me know your thoughts in the comment area;



After the program, they call out the groups who will be going together for the pampering time. I would say that this is my "Me Time" and thank you Sun Life for the treat.



We headed to the Onsen Spa got our locker keys and robes to change. You can have iced cold or hot tea while waiting for your designated therapist. Each mom's who attend the event got their 60 mins. signature massage of Onsen Spa.


Afterwards, we went to the Bloom Restaurant to have our dinner. There are lots of food choices. From Asian to Western dishes. I love the Sushi and Dessert bar. You can have the package of massage and dinner for Php 1,500. 


We also take home some goodies from the sponsors and partners of Sun Life such as Working Mom Magazine, Celeteque, Belo Baby , Green Stevia Ph,  Theodore's Home Care, Messy Bessy, Sarah's Home Ph, Pascual Creamy Delight Youghurt,  Good Bag Ph, True Tea, Sunlife for the TWG teas.

It was indeed a wonder experience because I enjoyed every seconds that I stayed in there. 


There is another Sun Life Moms Day Out Experience this coming July 1 & 15 from 3pm-7:30pm at I’m Hotel in Makati Ave.

The event is FREE. If you are Moms with 7-year old and below, then you can register. All you need to do is share the Sun Life's Mom’s Day Out post on your Facebook page, email Harrvie Monroyo at monha@sunlife.com and mention that you saw it from my blog  and that you want to be part of the event. You will just have to pay a reservation fee of Php 500 which will be REFUNDED to you upon registration at the day of the event.

For further details on these activities, visit @sunlifeph on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment